As we slide into the final quarter of a challenging year, hybrid and remote team leads are looking for ways to run a healthy virtual social to mark a job well done. Traditionally, the office Christmas party meant rich food, alcohol and big budgets. Today, we’re more mindful of wellbeing. We recognise that what many people value most is time to step off the treadmill. With intentional rest, it’s so much easier to restore collective energy and get fired up and focused for a New Year.
There are lots of ways to make your virtual social healthier without sacrificing fun. You could organise a team step or movement challenge. Get away from the desk with a virtual scavenger hunt. Connect to donate time to support a local charity with their work. And, if you’re here, book a virtual yoga class to let go of the old and welcome the new together.
Why choose virtual yoga for a healthy team social?
- Yoga reduces stress and initiates the relaxation response: Known for its calming effects on mind and body, a group yoga session gives permission to take a conscious break and gain a new perspective.
- Builds camaraderie: Yoga sessions allow team members to interact with each other in a different setting. This is particularly powerful for teams that span multiple locations, time zones and working patterns.
- Encourages physical activity: Sitting at a desk for hours on end is detrimental to everyone’s health. By incorporating yoga into the workplace, team members are encouraged to get up and move. This can have numerous health benefits, especially in these colder winter months.
- Improves productivity: By promoting relaxation and reducing stress levels, virtual yoga help team members feel more focused and energised, leading to increased productivity. Taking a break to participate in yoga can also help avoid burnout, leading to more sustained productivity over time.
- Fosters creativity: Yoga is an activity that encourages mindfulness and introspection. This helps us tap into creativity and problem-solving abilities. By taking a break from the daily grind and engaging in a meditative practice, we can approach problems and tasks with a fresh perspective.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, contact us today to book.